Wednesday, May 20, 2009

10:30pm to 4am…..3 weeks old!

A fav pic from a couple weeks ago.

It's official: CKC is a (precious) keeper!

Molly resting. Being a big sister is hard work!

Last night CKC slept from 10:30 to 4….hooray! Scott and I both woke up (by habit) at 3ish to check on her…as that’s her normal time to wake up. However, to our pleasant surprise, she was snoring and seemed very content! She did want to throw a party for a little while….but eventually she fell back asleep. Baby Wise….it’s awesome. It’s the book that I’ve read in regards to putting your baby on a schedule…so that she will learn to sleep through the night. It’s been amazing to watch. CKC used to wake up around 1230ish….then naturally pushed it to about 130ish…and in the last week it was around 3ish….and last night she woke up around 4! So we are well on our way to sleeping through the whole night! Yea!

I wake her up every 3hours and feed (3oz in day and 4 oz at night)-change-play…then put her back down for a nap. And during the night, we put her to bed and whenever she wakes up, one of us will feed her. Based on the progress, I think she really likes a routine and being on somewhat of a schedule….a true momma’s girl! (haha)

She takes her naps in different locations…chair, boppy, laying down, bed, etc….I’m trying to get her used to falling asleep (on her own) in various environments so that napping/going to bed (no matter where we are) will not be a problem. So far, that has worked too!

It’s hard to believe- CKC is 3 weeks old today! Changes I’ve noticed: She is growing rapidly out of her newborn outfits and diapers. She’s long, too! She also is more alert for longer periods of time. She makes eye contact and with her tiny blue eyes she looks into your soul. Beautiful.

CKC loves to be on the go. She is a great travel buddy…whether it’s strolling around for a walk or traveling from place to place. Right now, she’s very content….thank goodness.

Speaking of…we are off to go walk!

Oh, ps. Mom- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love you dearly!
Waking up
Sisters

2 comments:

6L's said...

i love babywise!

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey!
I LOVED Babywise. We followed that and by 10 weeks, Kathryn was sleeping 8-10 hours straight at night. Chandler is adorable! Enjoy every minute!!!
Mary Ellen Luther