Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Many blogs into one….

Sleeping Beauty

Well, I’ve written for many days now…and just haven’t posted. So this entry is many blogs all rolled into one posting.

______________________________________________
Delightful!

Scott-Molly-and Chandler surprised me on Mother’s Day with a beautiful necklace. It has my birthstone and CKC’s birthstone on it. I was shocked to tears. Such a great guy Scott is! Always surprising me with the most wonderful treats. Truly, I didn’t expect anything as CKC is a gift enough! But Scott- being the gentle man he is- made my whole day…week…month….year. I’ve lost count at how many times I’ve looked at my precious necklace and thought about my precious family. Blessed indeed.
(ps. In true princess fashion…CKC’s birthstone is a diamond! Ah! How lucky!)
Family photo. We at at Edwards on Franklin St. YUM!!!
The Combs Crew!
3rd generation!

Not done tooting Scott’s horn…CKC was born at 6:15am..well shortly after that, Scott came over to the bed and had a dvd player in hand. He placed it down on that awkward rolling table…and pushed play. Once again, moved to tears. He had made a dvd of ‘just us two’ from the past 5 years…and put the pictures to my current favorite song: ‘Then’ by Brad Paisley. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npE8QdDtN4I) Needless to say, my heart was brimming over with happiness. I loved the dvd-loved the song- and most of all loved the tenderness of the gift. Blessed indeed.
_________________________________________________
CKC survived her first day at Grace. She did very good and was quite and sleeping! We were proud to take her and introduce her to her church family. So excited to see her grow up at Grace. Grace’s kids (babies and on up) program rocks. Soon she will be ‘jumping for Jesus’ and will be rocking out with her little buddies.

________________________________________________
On a side note- Abraham has been on my heart since 4.29.09 (CKC’s birthday). I have been 100% humbled thinking about him and his faith. Through CKC’s birth, God has taught me a lot about the intensity of my faith.

Genesis 22:1-19 (New International Version)
Genesis 22
Abraham Tested
1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!" "Here I am," he replied.
2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."
3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."
6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?" "Yes, my son?" Abraham replied. "The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"
8 Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.
9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!" "Here I am," he replied.
12 "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."
13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."
15 The angel of the LORD called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, "I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Every day I pray for an opportunity for my faith to grow…. as I really do desire to place my faith in God. It is obvious that Abraham placed his faith in God, too. Now that I have child and love my child with every fiber of my being, I simply can not imagine the thought of sacrificing my child as Abraham did….the faith he had! Isaac was his only precious child yet Abraham trusted in God’s big picture plan enough to listen to Him. The point that sticks out in my mind is that he did not compromise his faith in God and to God. His trust in God was unwavering. Is my faith in God that unwavering? Is my trust in God strong enough to lead me in to obedience…no matter what…no matter if it fits into my ‘Casey Plan’ or not? Humm….I have a long way to grow. To have faith like Abraham….it’s a humbling thought.
______________________________________________

Well, CKC has made it to the doc for her first sick visit. Yep, that’s right…she has a touch of the pink eye. Not severe...just a touch. YUCK! So to the pharmacy we went…and now she is on an antibiotic.
Good news? She now weighs 8 lbs! Growing girl! Dr Schulz said she breaths healthy, looks healthy, ears are good, good weight gain, good throat check up…thumbs up for Chandler Kate!

Tomorrow is her official 2 week old appt with her primary physician: Dr Seawell.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Great update... being a parent definately changes perspective and helps you understand true sacrifice. Go Scott-Hubby of the year!! Love the family pic-and the pink bow! Dr. Shultz-she was our doc. Hope the first offical appt. goes well!