This past weekend, 2 of my college roomies and I drove to Knoxville, TN for some girly hangout time, shopping, and best of all a 15k (9.3 miles) race: CrossKnox. Knoxville has all kinds of parks...and now they have greenways to connect all the parks...therefore, creating a wonderful (and safe)environment. We only ran on a small portion of the parks/greenways. I think I heard they streatch for 42 miles across Knoxville. WOW! Burrrr! We had so much fun running all over Knoxville...literally. It was a beautiful (and cold) day. During the run, the temperature was fine…but once we stopped…wheeew! I held on to my hot chocolate a little tighter after the race=) Brooke, Herm and I had a fun, relaxing time together. Thankful for times like that to just be…be friends, be silly, just be…
On the night before the race, we met up with one of my buddies who goes to UTK: Aubrey. All of us carbed-up at Olive Garden (YUM!) and had an entertaining time giggling and catching up.All in all, this weekend reminded me how blessed I am to have such wonderful friends. God brings special people in your life for special reasons…and friendship is definitely a gift from God that I treasure.
1 comment:
if you ever feel like making a trip to NYC, let me know. i'll be more than happy to see you. i miss you CC!
Post a Comment