Saturday, October 17, 2009

phew..cough, cough..gross!



What is wrong with this picture? Why is it that people who smoke…put their cigarette behind them when they are not puffing? Could it possibly be because the smoke stinks and they know it…and don’t want to smell it? Well, smokers, what makes you think I want to smell it? I took this pic at Charlie’s steakhouse tonight…probably the last time I’ll eat there. Period. A) the place hasn’t been updated in 55 years (or more) …you would think that the over-price of the steaks, etc…that there would be PLENTY of $$ left over to at least get new tables…even tables from the 70’s would be a better version that what is there now. And B) back to my original point- the smoke was horrendous. Every where I looked, people were lighting up. Disgusting. I am most grateful that TN is smoke-free! (btw, we ended up getting our food to-go. CKC started coughing...and my eyes started watering...so we left! My steak was yummy in my own smoke-free home!)

-Secondhand smoke contains 69 chemicals that are known to cause cancer. (quote from Center of Disease Control and Prevention (2002).
-Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death and disease in this country. (quote from National Center for Health Statistics (2004).

1 comment:

6L's said...

oh my gosh! i so feel ya on this one! i cannot stand smoking especially in restuarants where you can't get away from it! i forget everytime we go there that it's in KY and not smoke free and i HATE it!! glad you left and ate it at home. :) i wish more people would complain!