Tuesday, October 13, 2009

do u take time to pause?



wow. i'm tearing up. i just can't imagine the immense grief of her parents...and everyone else. now that i have ckc, life (breath, movement, emotions, touch, etc) is much more intense. i'll never be one of those people 'wishing for next year' or 'wishing for the time to pass for this or that.' i truly treasure holding ckc and feeling her soft skin and hearing her laugh and cry, etc. I don’t want to be that person that says ‘I can’t wait for her to crawl or can’t wait for her to go to school, etc’ but to instead enjoy the stage we are at. i do not wish one day away...but have learned to love the moment. same with scott: i always kiss him as if it my last time. live passionately- is what i have learned to do lately. it all started with being on maternity leave and seeing a bluebird as i walked around the block. never really did i take time to enjoy such a small wonder....i saw the actual brilliant blue feathers. I heard the bird sing. Beautiful. i paused and took it in. i made time to be aware. instead of hustling and bustling...and getting the 1000 things done off my daily list, i paused. DO YOU TAKE TIME TO PAUSE? it really was a refreshing moment...my eyes were opened...and i told myself that day 'i will enjoy every moment and will not wish the moment away.' life is tender and short...and really too precious to wish the moment away. yes, i get excited for stuff but i never want to look so far in advance that i forget where i am at right now. Hold me to this, friends=)

The below quote is from a family friend that died tragically several years ago. It’s been on the bottom of my email since the month she died. Her mom found this sentence in her diary. Profound…...and captivating.

"Life is more than you can imagine so take each step with bounding leaps and start each day with a cup of faith; all the while remembering that today you are only promised yesterday."-Lindsay Miller

I live a life that is blessed…and then some. I have had opportunities that have shaped me, guided me, and challenged me…to become who I am today. I have born into a great family that has provided so much. I am married to my best friend and have a beautiful daughter. I have the best friendships imaginable and work in a fabulous environment. I only hope that if/when tragedy does strike, in my moments of grief that I will have faith and hope in God and remember to rely on His strength and not my own.

Huumm…well, Maggie Lee….thanks for being an inspiration to many.

1 comment:

6L's said...

beautiful! i have those 'pause' moments from time to time where i really take it all in, but it's a struggle day to day, i must admit. thanks for the post! :)