Monday, June 1, 2009

Fri-Sat FUN


The Blackston Bunch came to visit on Friday! We had a great day! Chandler Kate enjoyed meeting her special friends=) We are blessed with such fabulous friends. Reese enjoyed 'posing'... see her hands in the 2nd pic? Drew took that pic. He wanted a 'crazy picture' he said. I laughed alot that day=)

The boats are in!! Hooray! We went to the lake to open the house up and clean-clean-clean. My dad is a 'cleaning' fanatic. He thrives on cleaning....so we each had our job and clean a ton. Had a good time.

Scott and I snuck away and played in the water for a while. Buurrr...the first jump in (well, I eased in off the back) took my breath away. WOW! The frigid water was great incentive to get up on slalom quickly. I always get nervous the first time out...because I want to get up on my first attempt of the summer. If I getup on my first attempt, I always think that it's going to be a good 'ski' season. So- yea- it's going to be a good ski season! I got right up! I was extra nervous b/c I wasn't sure how my body would do.... all was great and fun. Last season (end of Aug), the last time I skied was 9 min straight. So to celebrate being a new ski season, I wanted to out-do my record...so I went 10 min straight. Thankfully, the water was perfect and calm. Smooth just like I like it. Was able to cut and go back and forth. Loved every second. My arms are sore though! Whew! Don't you love that feeling after a solid work-out..that feeling of accomplishment and soreness all rolled in one? I'm glad to be back to doing active things. Feels good.
Scott jumped up on the wake board and did a great job too. I’m thankful that we have our love for the water in common and that we can both ski each other.

From our deck, mom spotted turtles sun-bathing on a fallen tree in the water. Went down and took a pic of a few. (See above). I counted 11 turtles in all! Several baby turtles were out there. Precious.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Reese was so excited to see herself in the pics! Great fun! Looking forward to next hang out.