Friday, June 5, 2009

Life is a balancing act...especially today!

In one second my environment went from peace to party.

I pushed play on my tivo (John and Kate + Eight)—started to feed Chandler Kate—Molly walked up to me and had throw-up all over her—Dad called to talk….that all happened simultaneously in less than 30 seconds. Wild.

All 4 things required action.

So I pressed pause on the tivo. Hung up with Dad. Put Chandler in her seat. Cleaned up Molly. Got cleaner. Walked around till I found the throw-up and cleaned it up. All the while thinking that I had to get back to CKS asap…because if she falls asleep…it’s so hard waking her up when she has a full tummy and she was not done with her whole bottle yet. There is a short little window (most times) to feed her. Finally fed her the rest. Called Dad/Mom back. Turned on my tivo...and now am blogging.

That is a look into only 10 minutes of my day!

I still have to pack for lake and be ready when Scott gets home (30 min), watch the end of the show, clean bottles, and finish picking out CKCs pictures to order.

Life hasn’t been dull lately=) Loving it……

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btw,
Tell me a good devotional you like. I'm looking for a new one. Open to suggestions!

2 comments:

Emily Doss said...

I've been doing Beth Moore's 90 Days w/ Jesus (they also have John and David) It's a huge book, but each individual day doesn't take too long. (They have them at Lifeway.)

JKHoward8 said...

My all time favorite devo is Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest. And in college I really enjoyed a devo version of Henry Blackaby's Experiencing God (it was a journal/devo.) Currently I am reading through Psalm 119-8 verses at a time and really enjoying that. And Beth Moore-you definitely can't go wrong there! There are so many great options out there.