Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Top 3 Questions, Etc

Wow! I am tired! Hasn’t stopped me from doing anything, but I can tell even more of a difference in my energy level in the past couple weeks. If you call past 8pm and don’t reach me…I’m probably snoozing! Haha! (only if I can get away with it!)

Last Saturday I ran 8 miles. A perfect day to run and be active. I love my new running area: I start from the house and run past the hospital and way way past the Winery, etc…depending on how many miles I have that day. This is also where we bike. Anyhoo, the run went great. Thankfully, there are port-o-potties on the way…and since I feel like I spend my life in the bathroom now…this just makes my running path even more conducive to my schedule=)

We also went to the APSU/TSU game in Nashville with the Midlicks. (Happy 9th birthday, Will!). Football weather is such great weather in the south. Makes me love living here even more.

Feeling pretty good. Other than being tried, I feel pretty good (on most occasions).

The ‘excitement’ support from all friends and family has been tremendous. Thank you all for your hugs, phone calls, cards, emails, etc. We are blessed with such a great cloud of strong community!

Here are the top 3 questions- this week- that people have been asking:
1) Do you want a boy or girl?
Scott and I do not have a preference. This apparently has come as a shocker to lots…but God will give us what we are supposed to have. Nothing we can do about it! We will be honestly thrilled with either!
2) What names have you picked out?
Haven’t even begun to think of names. I really haven’t thought about it at all. It will come to us….until then, I know I have 6 months=)
3) What bedroom will you put baby in?
Not even sure. Haven’t thought about this one either. Again, right now, time is on my side. 6 months is a long time. It’s a half of a year!!!! Haha…I’m sure we’ll decide sooner or later.

Scott and I have both been very lax thus far…and probably will be. Yes, we are thrilled beyond words with how God has blessed us already…but not consumed=) So if I’m not doing cartwheels to show my excitement, know that I’m just probably tired=) haha

Homework for you:
What lessons can you pass along? Email me! (Saying stuff verbally won’t stick…email me!) I want to compile a book of ‘friend’s advice’ for Scott and I to look on for years to come. (what items are a must to have? Items that are not so important? Advice....ETC)

This weekend is APSU homecoming. We will be out and about…so if you are around, hope to see you! No, won’t be doing the AP 5k this year…will be running but not at race pace. I am, however, training for a 15k in Knoxville. This 10 mile race is on Nov 22…I will be running with Herm, Ashley O, and Brooke!

Happy day to all!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Casey,

Keep up the running and congrats on the baby! It will bring such joy to you and Scott's lives. Children are a blessing from God. I know you both will be great parents and I know your parents can't wait! Looking forward to seeing baby Combs at the basketball games!

Missy Rye

Anonymous said...

Congrats Casey. You will love being a mom (and a stylin one at that!) You don't have to be frumpy just because you have a sweet belly in front of you...flaunt it! I LOVED being pregnant both times! Look on ebay for cute maternity clothes. You will be able to get the expensive brnads and darling outfits for a fraction of the price and people sell them cheap and they are in great condition because they hardly wore them.
Must haves...get on a waiting list for daycare (in home or center) because the wait in ridiculous, you have to get a bouncy seat (that vibrates AND plays music), an aquarium for the crib (my kids loved it more than their mobile), ROBEEZ shoes (they come in boy and girl and ALL different kinds), Kalencom diaper bag (it wipes off easily and they have tons of different styles...they sell them new at Once Upon A Child), a camera with no delay when you take a picture (I have a Canon 40D and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!), a good photographer!, a good pediatrician (with weekend hours), and a WHOLE LOT of love because your life will NEVER be the same! You will never forget the way you feel when you first hold your baby in your arms. From then on, when you see a new baby, it will make you cry because you will remember when it was you holding your own!
Call me if you have any questions about anything. I am an open book and have pretty much done it all!

Stacey Hagewood
slbh418@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hey CasCo!

I could not be happier for you! I got your gifts in the mail and almost died. YOU ARE TOO MUCH. I know we keep playing phone tag and I can't wait to talk.

Sending all my love.

Anonymous said...

That was me, Cindy, that just wrote that message. I am a beginner...be patient.

Love you,
Cindy

Stacy said...

Hi prego friend! Amanda's mom dropped the books by my house on her way home....can't wait to get them to you. I'll work on my advice list. For now.... peanut butter crackers and trail mix are fabulous keep the nausea away foods.