Friday, August 20, 2010

Better late than never!






In June, me, Ashley, Herm and Maribeth went to Atlanta to participate in the IronGirl Weekend. It was a blast. This is one of my favorite triathlon events! Nothing but happy thoughts fill my heart when I think about that weekend…as I got to spend it with best friends and participate in one of my favorite activities!

Proud to report that I improved my time at this event by 14 minutes!
2008: 2hr and 1 min finish time (my first tri ever! i got hooked!)
Swim: 14 min:01 sec
Bike: 1hr:14min
Run: 26:30 (8:30 pace)

2010: 1 hr and 47 min finish time
Swim: 10 min:49 sec
Bike: 1hr: 8 min
Run: 23:19 ((7:47 pace)
In my age group I finished 23 out of 151. I was pumped to improve in every catagory! Prepping for the IronMan in May really helped out. It's nice to see training pay off. I'm not the fastest...but it's fun to see improvement=)

The event was glorious…but spending quality time with my buddies was even better. Moments I’ll treasure forever!




more pics to follow when I have time to upload....



1 comment:

Kels said...

are those the lovely ladies that I met when I ran that Blackhorse 5k? :)

you will have to tell them you FINALLY convinced me to do a "big girl race" like they also encouraged me to do! haha...