Thursday, June 17, 2010

catching up...

the fun part of my job....watching families unite with a vehicle! AR was suprised with a brand new Civic. Such a priceless moment to witness.


Last weekend was the (hot) Crawfish Boil! We enjoyed such a great great night.

Happy CKC

What the Jenkins' do best...clean the Lakehouse....
by default, Scott gets the tall jobs!

A couple weekends ago, a bunch of people from Cville traveled to Tullahoma to participate in the Mach Tenn Triathlon. HOT! It was a .6 mi swim, 16 mile bike, 4 mile run. Scott and I both finished in the top 10 in our age groups. My age group (30-34) is tough...and one of the most competitive in races, I've noticed. I've got it stick to it for these next four years...
Tradition at the Mach Tenn is to eat black-eyed peas and hotcakes (cornbread). Delicious!

The finish line. The lake is in the back, where we swam. I can honestly say that this was harder than the Ironman. YES! I know....nuts to admit...but it was. This tri is a sprint tri..so-although you pace yourself-you do so at a much faster level..verses the Ironman...you know you are going to be moving for 5+ hours...so you pace yourself entirely different. I loved this event..but it was tough, hot, and had so many hills that I lost count. It was an excellent challange..I'll do it again. PS. Scott beat me! Once again he smoked me in the swim...I was a few min behind on the bike. Although my run time was faster than his...He was just too far in front. I saw him at mile 2 in the run...and tried my best to catch up. After the bike and in T2, I noticed that his bike was racked and that his shoes were gone. So, me, being competitive- decided to forgo my lucious socks to save time...(what's 4 miles anyway?)..and run and try to beat Scott. 2 bloody blisters later...I
now know that I'll never do that again...with newer shoes. Ouch. Fun times had by all!

Murray's bday is this month. In case you haven't had the great fortune of meeting him, he is one of my greatest teachers, mentors, and friend. Grateful for everyday that I have with him. Aside from my 2 papaw's....he is family!

No comments: