Sunday, August 21, 2011

A real life hero

By living in a Military town, I have the great and humble honor of being around our Nations heroes! I work alongside retired Military and get to serve Military families at work and church…I can think of no greater place to live.
When I was at YL camp in CO in 07, I got the call that one of our neighbors helicopters had crashed oversees….Gary would be paralyzed for life. Why Gary is a hero to me is that he didn’t give up on his active lifestyle. He was a part of a devastating accident and could very easily give up or atleast make excuses. Instead, he remains active and a vibrant part of our community.
Here is an excerpt from their website:
‘In honor of the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks, a special edition Ride to Recovery Challenge event will be held and the Linfoots are participating. The ride will be 8 days and approximately 530 miles. The Ride to Recovery American Challenge will begin on 9-11-11 from Liberty State Park in view of the World Trade Center site and head west to the United 93 Memorial in Shanksville, PA. From there, the participants will head to the finish at the Pentagon Memorial. Along the way, riders will cross the Delaware River at Washington’s Crossing, stop in Philly, ride thru Valley Forge and Gettysburg and many other historical sites of our Country’s history. The couple is excited to see the sites and meet other warriors conquering life's new challenges.

Gary and Mari are on a mission to support some of the organizations who have helped them through the journey of recovery.’

http://www.teamlinfoot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/TeamLinfoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ7HQOz2bTo (just a few minutes…WORTH your time.)

Join Scott and I as we support, pray for, and encourage the Linfoot Team!

No comments: