Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Old Hickory Lake Tri in Hendersonville- June 25

this is my first Tri that I have gone to by myself...it was actually quite liberating. I enjoyed it. The water was wet-suit legal...meaning...FREEZING! Didn't find out until we got there and got down to the water. I jumped in and it literally took my breath away. My steady rhythmic swim stroke was all messed up from the start. I survived, but barley. I got out and was so dis-orientated that I couldn't find my shoes. haha. Not a good feeling when the clock is ticking! Had a blast!
rolling out after race. finished middle of the pack. not excellent but not bad. i was just happy to be there and participate and get some of my energy out!


my transition area. i have the placement of my items down to a science. and it is a science. i have learned to shave off time just based on how organized my transition area can be. i do it the same way each time.

my cute teal bike along w/ all my other race-ready items.




I love to run, play hard, be active, take risks, be adventurous, set goals, accomplish big things.....therefore, Tri's fit me. Over the years, I have realized how much the 'activity of a Tri' embodies who I am....all my characteristics (good and bad) are displayed in a Tri. I love that no 2 are the same....and never will be. Something is always different (weather, course, people, your body, etc). I don't mind change and I always love a good challenge. I love the ruggedness of Tris. It is just you....relying on your own body and mind to move. I like Tri's because you have to be self-disciplined and self-motivated. You have to be organized in your approach. The Tri community seems to be an encouraging one. I like the changing of 3 different sports..afterall, it's a full body sport. To complete a Tri you have to know how to hunker down and dig deep within your thoughts. You have to get in the zone and just roll with the punches and go for it. It is not a sport for the weak minded...especially the longer ones....at some point- it becomes a mental activity just as much as a full-body activity. It's a lifetime sport. I'm very encouraged w/ the people that participate: super athletic to super couch potatoe. Old to young. Fast to slow. There is not a one size that fits all for Tri's. If you have been apart of one...or atleast watched one..add it to your bucket list. It will amaze you!




What about you? Why not tri? (cheesy, I know!)

No comments: