Thursday, June 9, 2011

The business of life….

As Ace of Base (yes, one of my 1st cds…them and Taylor Dane…Santa brought them both to me when he brought my 1st cd player! Love that Santa!) said, ‘Life is demanding…without understanding.’ Juggling life becomes more complex every year….but, for the most part, I love it. Most times, I thrive on stress.

I’ve realized that having my own identity is important to me. I find freedom in my work. And my work just isn’t a job. It’s a career. I’m able to have my own identity partly through work. I feel that I am a better mom because I work. Reason being? My time with CKC is 100% intentional, never wasted, and full of purposeful energy. I like to work because I like being a face of Jenkins & Wynne. I love what I represent: family working together + great people working together to serve other people (sales + service). I want to be a good role model so CKC can see that women can be successful, smart, and independent MOMS.

My balance in life is intentional, too. Because I work…and just don’t have all the free time in the world to do whatever- when I do have free time…it is with purpose. I feel that I accomplish way more in life when I am balanced. Balanced with God, Family, Work, Exercise, Social, Me time…etc.

The stigma is still pretty strong on ‘working moms’ not being as intentional/caring/good as ‘stay-at-home-moms’ are. But, I disagree as the time I do have CKC….it is treasured time…yes, even the 2 year old fits when she begs to pee-pee on the potty but refuses to actually SIT on the potty. The time I have with CKC has no room for laziness or just sitting… it is time filled with love and attention.

Anyway, when life is all said and done, I want CKC to know that Moms can work and still function and love just as much as moms that don’t work….and that guilt is only a product of society’s ‘norm’…(whatever ‘normal’ is) and that we don't have to be trapped by guilt!

ALSO- thoughts that have come across my mind in last few days:

I. I love the surprise of opening up a hotel door and seeing the room for the first time. The décor, the layout, the smell. Something always compels me to take a pic and capture the fresh moment. It’s not necessarily the décor (although I do love style!), I just like the element of freshness and surprise.
II. There would be a lot more female runners IF they invested in proper sports bra and shoes. If you don’t have either one, then unless you are just totally strong-willed, you are almost defeated before you start. Trust me- investing in proper sports bra and shoes makes a WORLD of difference. My fav? The target sports bra. I love them so much that I use them for my Tri tops (yep! Swim, bike and run). Shoes, I alternate between Mizzonos and Brooks.
III. Why do people take dozen of pictures just to print or use a small few?
IV. Why is it easier to dream in a new city/ on vacation than at home? Is it just the fact of stepping away from reality?
V. I am THAT person! Went to Chicago last week…and mostly took abstract pics….I used to always make fun when people took pics of still objects verses people…but, my gosh, I have found myself doing that lately. Strange….

1 comment:

Kels said...

Casey, you are such an inspiration! :) Not only as a mom, but as a Christian role model for me! Thank you!