Sunday, April 24, 2011

The moon will rise, the sun will set...but I wont forget




Fly, fly little wing

Fly beyond imagining

The softest cloud, the whitest dove

Upon the wind of heaven's love

Past the planets and the stars

Leave this lonely world of ours

Escape the sorrow and the pain

And fly again



Fly, fly precious one

Your endless journey has begun

Take your gentle happiness

Far too beautiful for this

Cross over to the other shore

There is peace forevermore

But hold this mem'ry bittersweet

Until we meet


Fly, fly do not fear

Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear

Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me

Above the universe you'll climb

On beyond the hands of time

The moon will rise, the sun will set

But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing

Fly where only angels sing

Fly away, the time is right

Go now, find the light



BY: Celine Dion

------------------------------------

This song I listened to 1,000 times over when by buddy Michelle Mace was murdered at Baskin Robins. It has been 15 years now (as of yesterday)....and at times, the memory of that period in my life (we were Soph's in high school) seems like a minute ago. Went out to visit her today... she liked daisy's. She was a messy locker-mate. She was the first person I saw Steel Magnolia's with and The Bodyguard. She was boy crazy. She hated gym class. She named my stuffed animal that I still sleep with. She loved to laugh. She was always a head taller than me. She was a great listener. She was a friend to all. And through her unexpected death, I learned that no one is 10 feet tall or buillet proof and that life on Earth...is really, in fact, very short.

No comments: