Friday, May 7, 2010

heaven on earth?





Got the awesome opportunity to go to the Ford Auto Show in Detroit this week. Scott, me, Murray (GM of j/w for 48 years!) and Janie (has worked at j/w for 25 years!)...flew up to MI. We got to see the Fiesta...the car project I was on with my Ford Young Leaders group for a couple years...got to drive the new Mustang (v6 that gets up to 31mpg!) and the 5.0L GT...saw the new Focus, Edge, Explorer, Super Duty, F150....and just a ton more.

Got to visit with some buddies while there too. 2 of the greatest days of my life. Really enjoyed the environment...the positive news around Ford, experiencing the new line-up, eating good food, being in the presence of greatness, etc.
I was most impressed with the humble atmosphere. Allan Mullay (the Pres of Ford...the one that started restructuring Ford years ago...and has helped turn Ford around...and didn't take the bailout...we are not not owned by the govt....need I say more...this man is one of my heros!!!) was so great to meet and listen to. Learned a ton as he painted the vision for Ford. Ford is most blessed to have him and his leadership. Speaking for all dealers- wow- we sure have learned a ton from him. He is so hands-on and wants to communicate on our level. I could go on and on...but really, it was just so neat to have him and the rest of the Ford Execs to mingle and talk and listen to the crowd.
I have never been so pumped to represent America's brand...the Ford!

No comments: