Monday, September 28, 2009

The results!

CKC and Braxton
we are showing our orange 'ironman 70.3' bands. needed them the entire weekend to get anywhere. we are standing where the swim waves start.
The transition area....the hub of teamwork! we had to pass our timing chip from ankle to ankle before the next phase could continue.
family photo! we all got marked up the evening before...so we wouldn't have to stand in line on race day.
this is a TINY snap shot of the thousands of spectators during the swim. it was insane! scott is in the water in this pic. i kissed him good luck and then sprinted up the hill.. gail, the kids and I ran to the vehicle and sped to the transition area. stress!
....scott is just walking down the ramp to meet up with his wave. (1 out of 25 waves). he is leaning down a bit to eventually put on his swim cap/ goggles.
Scott- swim
JMC- bike
Casey- run
i just crossed the finish line to be greeted by everyone! lovely day!

so happy!
ckc loves to hold my medal. she is waving a 'hooray' too!
Triple C's....at dinner that night, we decided that we are going to tackle the Ford Ironman 70.3 in Florida in the spring. Watch out relay teams!
The stats:
great race day for us all. Triple C's placed 10th in the relay division! (out of 50 teams!)
scott was a super fish and finished swiming 1.2miles in 27 min. WOW! he was so fast, that i missed him in tranisition! scott finished 831 out of 3500 racers.
jmc killed it on the bike (even with a fever). He finished in 2hr 41 min. WOW! he averaged 21 mph on the bike for 58 miles. he finished 531 out of 3500 racers.
I finished my 13.1 miles within my goal! I averaged a 9.13 mile (trained on a 10 min mile). I finished in 2 hours. I finished 592 out of 3500 racers.
total time: 5hr 14 min
This event was so rewarding...crossing the finish line was fabulous...but holding my inspiration after the race was even better. For only training 2 months....after having a baby less than 5 months ago...I'm proud. I feel very accomplished.
We did take CKC. She was a trooper...bc we sure did plop her place to place. Having Scott and I both in the race..made for a difficult day. I finished feeding her bottle less than a minute before JMC came in to transition. I was more stressed about keeping her situated than actually racing 13.1 miles! haha. It all worked out and I'm grateful for the opportunity! It was also fun racing on the same team with Scott. Fun that we have this in common=)

2 comments:

Tammi said...

Congrats! I'm very proud of you! I'm a little disappointed Scotty wasn't the one sporting the speedo. Maybe in April. :)

You rock!

Kels said...

That is SO awesome Casey!! WAY TO GO!!!